Although we are a laid-back, mellow group of paddlers, we still need to follow some basic guidelines to ensure the enjoyment and safety for all involved.
Things to remember:
- You will need your own equipment; Boat, Paddle, PFD
- PFD is mandatory on all trips. PFD must be worn from September 15 through May 15. Children must wear a PFD at all times.
- You are responsible for your own safety.
- Arrive at the put-in at least 15 minutes before launch time.
- Dress for the weather and bring a change of clothes in a dry bag.
Things to bring:
- PFD (Life Jacket)
- Bring plenty of fluids.
- Rescue gear - paddle float, bilge pump, etc.
- Bug Spray
- Hat and Sunglasses
- Camera (Zip lock bag will help keep it dry)
- Safe place for keys or even a spare left with vehicles or another boater
- Change of clothes in a dry bag if cool
- Adequate footwear. It may be muddy or rocky at put in or take out.
- Spare paddle
- Two-way radio for communication
- Rope for pulling boat or tying off.